This new information posted on the Koenigsegg website claims that one of man’s oldest inventions- the wheel just got reinvented. Along with this new wheel the 2013 Agera also sports 7 other exciting features as Koenigsegg releases new data on the 2013 Agera .
1. The 2013 Agera R features the world’s first hollow, one piece, super light carbon fiber wheel, using a proprietary method developed by Koenigsegg named Aircore™ Technology. The Aircore™ wheels save close to 20kg in unsprung mass, while providing great integrity and safety. The only metal part in the wheel is the tire valve – the rest is all once piece hollow carbon.
2. The Agera and the Agera R have the first production engines in the world to use nano-surfaced cylinder sleeves, from ANS, for reduced friction and fuel consumption.
3. New in-house developed engine management system, which provides added functionality whilst still meeting all OBD II regulations.
4. The rev limiter has been raised from 7250rpm to 7500rpm, raising power from 940 to 960hp on 98 Ron (93 din) fuel for the Agera and from 1115 to 1140hp for the Agera R on E85.
5. Koenigsegg reinstates its co-operation with Swedish shock manufacturer Öhlins Racing. Together they productionalized Koenigsegg´s unique Triplex suspension, that becomes standard on the 2013 Agera R.
6. KES (Koenigsegg Electronic Stability) is now standard on all Koenigsegg models.
7. A new, lighter rear exhaust section has been developed for the Agera R, which also improves the performance of the rear diffuser.
8. New front/side winglets for the Agera R provide 20kg more downforce at 250km/h, as well as reduced drag.
Along with the data on these features they also released the recent records made by the Agera and Agera R:
- 0-300 km/h in 14.53 sec
- 300-0 km/h in 6.66 sec
- 0-200 mph in 17.68 sec
- 200-0 mph in 7.28 sec
- A top speed of approximately 440 km/h – 273 mph
(yet to be verified)
- 1.6 G – Maximum lateral force on normal road tires
(dedicated Michelin SuperSport)
- 1.2 kg/hp – 2.6 pounds/hp
- The Agera is the only Roadster Hypercar with a detachable and stowable hardtop
- 120 litres of luggage space
- Available in left or right hand drive
Reference: Koenigsegg website